If you landed on this page while browsing our web site or from our Facebook page, it means that you probably are interested in some of our products. We are grateful for that, so this page contains free products that you can download and use anyway you want. However, we would appreciate if you let us know what you are using these data products for.
Porto Rico 1930 Georreferenciado (KMZ format)
One of the first comments the Centro de Estudios del Litoral at UPRM (CIEL) received regarding the Porto Rico 1930 Georreferenciado project was whether the coastal mosaics were available for Google Earth users. Well here they are! All 15 mosaics ready to use using Google Earth. Please read the project report before using the mosaics.
Keep in mind.
Keep in mind.
- The files are in a format called KMZ that can be read by Google Earth.
- All data are in Lat/Long format.
- Please read the project report before downloading the mosaics.
- Download the mosaics one by one. Thsese are large files! The complete set occupies 2.5GB on the Amazon server.
- Trying to load all the mosaics to Google Earth will crash the program.
- Share the files with friends an colleagues (always include the project report with them)
- If you want to share them, upload the files to your shared folders (Google Drive, iCloud, OneDrive, etc). A torrent would be another option.
- If you need the files for GIS purposes we recommend that you download the ones on the ( www.prgeoref.org ) web site.
Porto Rico 1930 Townships for Google Earth (KMZ format)
These are the 1930's aerial photographs for the urban areas of the townships (cascos urbanos antiguos) . You can download a ZIP file that includes all of them by pressing the image below. This is a relatively large file 124MBs. Currently only Culebra and Morovis are not available.
PDF Atlas for the recovery of Puerto Rico
(We are working on new versions of these maps) not available at this time.
We have prepared these PDF documents to support community and regional planning efforts for Puerto Rico. They are free to use and free to share. Each PDF consists of 15 sheets covering Puerto Rico as well as Culebra and Vieques (11x17 size each) with a relatively good level of detail. These are large documents. Indivudial maps for Vieques and Culebra are available at the bottom. (Press on the picture below to download the file)
1956 Plan Regional del Area Metropolitana
de San Juan Map (KMZ format)
This is the map for the "Plan Regional del Area Metropolitana de San Juan" prepared by Eduardo Barañano for the Puerto Rico Planning Board in 1956. For a KMZ file download (viewable using Google Earth) click here.